Mavens With Moustaches

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Mateo's 2nd Birthday Party: Cars and Trucks

I know I always say this...but this party was one of my favorites.
We kept the list short.
We kept the age close.
And we kept it all simple but cute.
And this made for a perfect time for this small cluster of toddlers to come together and help celebrate their buddy Mateo.
I know...a lot of pictures to share...but belive me when I say I restrained myself!
 
I sent out a secret package to all the invited guests and inside was an very cool invite and a make it yourself racecar kit that the kids were instructed to bring to the party where it would be put to great use.  It made us so happy to hear back from all the parents HOW HAPPY they all were to receive the kits and get to work on them!
 
I will make sure to share the DIY's (because there were a few) on this party...including the invite, favors, and decor....because without sounding conceided...I am the Queen of making a buck go far (kind of ;) hehehe! Much of the decor I made...all of the food and cake I also made...and my amazing friend Cassandra made the BEAUTIFUL signs!
 
 
This was the cake and dessert table...AND...trophy table which I accented with these cool signs I found at Hobby Lobby.
I made this backdrop with paper plates...it was fast...and easy...and looked great!  I also made the pom pom garland myself using floss and pom poms from the dollar tree.


 
Yes...I was nutty enough to dress a table up with seating chart and all for a bunch of 2 years olds....but you know what...they all sat...and they all ate...for atleast 10 min...success in my book!
 
 
The cake was simple...that's food dyed shredded coconut and cookie crumbles...eay peasy!
Some spare tires to munch on....
and some traffic lights too....
I couldn't find car cookie cutters for the sandwiches...so I had the idea to cut out his name several times and it turned out so vute....and the plus side I can re use the cutters for other parties. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is what the kids took home as a favor and I will make sure to blog the how to on this....another easy and not too costly idea...
The kids had a good time with the track that my awesome hubby and Father in Law made...turned out better that I had imagined!!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And....dont get me started on these lovebirds!!!!!
Mateo was so HAPPY!
Had a BLAST!
The finish line where we awarded all of them their trophies...


Blowing out the candles with his one and only BELLA

Godpapa Wes and our lil Blueberry....
Then came the shaving cream activity...suppose to have them play with tiny cars through the cream...but somehow...things went crazy....but a GREAT kinda CRAZY!

REALLY GREAT CRAZY!

 


 
 
 

 
 
At the end....we looked back with so many amazing memories to count...and much gratitude for the friends who came out to help celebrate our 2 year old Mateo!!!!
 
 

 
xoxo
Me





No comments:

Post a Comment