Mavens With Moustaches

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Painting, and building and growing oh my....

I guess I would consider myself to be a neat freak....and obsessive when it comes to getting thins done quickly.  When I get a crazy thought or vision in my head....I just have to get it out...bring it into the realm of reality.....and oh boy did I do that this week.  I have this semi long list of things to do in my head...and luckily with the help of my handsome faux hubby Jamas...we knocked some out this weekend. Like....
Painting the Bella and Mateo's room....keeping with the boy/girl split theme we went with a vibrant and joyful lime green...it looked like this before...

and now it looks like this...

I haven't finished all the fat lil bees...as you might be able to see some are missing their wings and strips. And that big framed print is the same print that hung in Jamas' nursery 29 years ago..isn't that sweet...Grandma Gigi took very good care of it.

We also painted Johnny's wall ...turning it into a chalk wall...and the paint wasn't even dry before he emblazoned METALLICA acroos the entire wall...looks cool!

I had been wanting some loungers to place by the pool but the prices were WOOZA ..and on Saturday morning on my run I spotted these two that were aching for a fresh coat of black paint...so I dove right in and got these....
Can you believe they were $5 EACH!!!!! I love garage sales! Shout out for my homegirl MARTHA STEWART for hooking it up with such stylish cushions.

This hunk prepped our corner dirt lot for this weekends project...our family Organic Garden..can't wait...


We took a lil break to enjoy the greatest cup of Chai Latte on this planet...from Keane in Newport Beach...I am so in love with my Jamas...works so hard and then treats me to my favorite Latte...this is so much better than a HUGE bouquet of flowers for me...

I'm in heaven...

crazy mommy...

sane daddy!

And our last project of the weekend (I told you it was a crazy list) was our outdoor huge chalkboard..

It was super easy to make and cheap....we bought all our supplies:
1 piece of 8" X 4' plywood
3 pieces of 2X3 lumber
1 can of chalkpaint
1 pint of red paint
1 HUGE box of chalk= LOADS of fun!!!!

We ended the weekend out with some great company....The WONDERFUL Nyguen and Virgo families...and Goddaddy Wes..and Godmommy Sandra...and yummy food! Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment