Mavens With Moustaches

Friday, May 20, 2011

Future full of VIP passes and clipping Rolling Stones articles

I was nineteen when God decided to bless me with my lil musical prodigy...sure i was scared and thought to myself ...."oops"..but i knew right then and there that someone special was growing inside me....my life changed forever...no more spontaneous mani pedis..no more late nights (well baby-less late nights)...no more daydreaming about joining the peacecorp traveling the world and never looking back...instead I had to familiarize myself with diaper genies...breastpumps..the best binky on the market..and what stroller would work best.  Since Johnny was in my tummy he was musical..at his ultrasound he moved his lil arms like he was strumming a guitar...he literally sang before he spoke..he fell asleep to music everynight....and when he started music classes he absored the music the way a dry sponge absorbs water...it was amazing to watch and enjoy.  I have enjoyed watching you grow as a musician...mastering every instrument you take on.  I have also enjoyed becoming "Johnny's mom...the kid with the perfect pitch"...dont mind that label...I never really liked my name anyway!  So congratulations Johnny on being the rocker that you are and rocking the stuffing out of the Battle of the Bands last night....you make me so very proud.

And yes....no matter what age...I will be squeezing my behind into a flashy pair of pleather pants....yeah thats right...pleather....and rock out to my baby boy!

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see him play and sing sometime. I have no doubt in my mind that he is utterly amazing.

    As a matter of fact, I was going through my video archives the other night and came across a video of Johnny and Bella, Johnny singing "All Star" by Smash Mouth. Priceless by all regards!

    Keep on rocking Johnny. Love you and your Mother.

    Pepper

    ReplyDelete