Mavens With Moustaches

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Tim Burton......you are my BROTHER!

I am convinced that Tim Burton and I were separated at birth....yeah yeah I know he is quite a bit older thatn I am....BUT...after attending his exhibit at the LACMA...there is no doubt...he are related. This man is a genius....he has a beautiful mind that we have only had a sneek peak into and let me tell you what I am waiting in line....first in line to see what we will see next from this amazing man.  I HIGHLY recommend this exhibit OBVIOUSLY....it is so well rounded displaying many of his earlier works...current works...sculptures...short films...installations...and so much more. My favorite without a doubt was the piece titled TRICK OR TREAT!  If you haven't done so ...RUN to the LACMA and enjoy that which is The TIM BURTON EXPERIENCE!!!!  I HEART you TIM!!!!!
 They didn't allow photography only in the entrance...and look at that wonderful entrance...I would SERIOUSLY make this my front door if I could!
 Freaky...this is what greets you at the LACMA...
 Bella and her BFF Cammy....
 Proud Daddy...
 The rest of the museum was also quite delightful with some awesome Contemporary pieces....
 Comfy Bed......


 Jeff Koons and his Pop Crazy Art...Michael and Bubbles.....

 Happy Boy.....
 ANDY WARHOL.....


 Jeff Koons....
 Andy Warhol....
 This piece was a collabortation between James and Maria Bryan....








Splendid day...but we missed Johnny....he was at Big John's ALL AGES show....he had to go...had to support Dad and his Metal Life! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment