Mavens With Moustaches

Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday Thoughts


Can I tell you why I love this song..
why I cried the first time I heard it..
how I have interpreted it..
why it makes me think about both my sweet Jamas and John..
here it is..



You either take it or you don't..
the leap of faith in your life..
that moment that can rule you..
define you..
crush you..
or build you taller or stronger than ever before.

I took that leap...
some might say I was pushed...
others might say I jumped after someone..
But the truth is I jumped for myself..and by myself.


D-I-V-O-R-C-E
It can be such an ugly word..
it can also be a word of comfort...
for me it brought relief...
it brought me strength..
and most important it brought me courage..
the courage I wanted to show my daughter I had..
I couldn't worry any longer about giving her a broken home...
I had to worry about giving her a strong example...
of a woman that is not scared.

xoxo
Me

LYRICS 


And in the middle of the nightI may watch you goThere'll be no value in the strengthof walls that I have grownThere'll be no comfort in the shadeof the shadows thrownBut I'd be yours if you'd be mine

Stretch out my lifeand pick the seams outTake what you likebut close my ears and eyesWatch me stumble over and over

I had done wrongyou built your towerBut call me homeand I will build a throneAnd wash my eyes out never again

But love the one you holdAnd I'll be your goldTo have and to holdA lover of the light

Skin too tightand eyes like marblesYou spin me highso watch me as I glideBefore I tumble homeward, homeward[ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/lover-of-the-light-lyrics-mumford-sons.html ]

I know I've triedI was not stableAnd flawed by prideI miss my sanguine eyesSo hold my hands up -- breathe in, and breathe out

So love the one you holdAnd I'll be your goldTo have and to holdA lover of the light

And in the middle of the nightI may watch you goThere'll be no value in the strengthof walls that I have grownThere'll be no comfort in the shadeof the shadows thrownYou may not trust the promisesof the change I'll showBut I'd be yours if you'd be mine

So love the one you holdAnd I will be your goldTo have and to holdA lover of the light

So love the one you holdAnd I will be your goldTo have and to holdA lover of the light



No comments:

Post a Comment