Mavens With Moustaches

Monday, April 15, 2013

Weekend Roundup: I'm in the fetal position edition

The bulk of this weekend was spent crying and prepping....CRYING because my Bella Bear was leaving for camp...and prepping because she is leaving for darn CAMP!!!

Truth be told...(maybe quite obvious to many)...I am a super duper crazy overprotective Latina Mama...I take care of my four lil bunnies as well as I possibly can...I fret over everything and trust nothing and no one.
With that said....I am totally aware that I have built a very protective bubble around all four of my babies...AND...I myself am fully aware that it is imperative that I slowly help them out of it.  As much as I want to keep them in it...I will not do that to them!
So...with my Jamas' help....I am slowly letting them out. 
I don't want to be selfish...I want them to grow..to learn...do advocate and represent themselves the best way they can...and this won't happen without experiencing life.
I know plenty of moms that just don't want to hear this...don't want to do this...and don't even believe in this.
I have seen what can happen when you keep a child in said bubble...and...I'm sorry...but NO THANKS!

So...this weekend I prepared to let my lil Bella Bear out of her bubble...for just a smidge...a SMIDGE!

We spent the weekend snuggling...and prepping Bella for her 6th grade camp.

We said goodbye this morning...and after many tears she drove away...and I only pray that she is roasting marshmallows as we speak!
:)




At this point...I am crying in my hands...safely where she can't spot me doing so...

She looked so cute...
 I tried my hardest to keep it together for her.....
 Mateo....he knew something was wrong...he knew his "baggings" was leaving...and he DID NOT like it....
 My sweet Bella Bear...I couldn't get one smile out of her....
 She lost it when her papa bear had to run off to work...

But....when she got in line with her friends...I saw her lil spark light...I saw the social butterfly flutter her wings...and I am sure she is going to have a BLAST!!!!



This weekend I also finally got the garden stones made...and I will bring you all a DIY on how to make these adorable memory stones....

 Jamas, Johnny and I planted some goodie envelopes into Bella's backpack...hopefully it will help...
 We did a lot of snuggling...
 And these two lil mugs got a lot of extra time with their Bella...they already miss her...


On a very fun, fabulous, and much needed mama time note....I attended my very first Craft Cabinet event hosted by the chic duo of Andrea from For the Love Of...and Jules of Pancakes and Fries.
These 2 ladies throw these adorable and FUN events for women to come together for a perfect evening on mingle and crafting goodness.  This month they held it at the Oh Hello Friend shop in downtown Fullerton (one of the cutest shops on the PLANET) and they demonstrated a fun watercolor project.
And the end of the night I gave this event two VERY strong THUMBS UP!!!  I look forward to attending the next one...and encourage you all to do the same!!!
 And a BIG thank you to my good friend Diana for being my date...we had a blast together!





xoxo
Me


No comments:

Post a Comment