Mavens With Moustaches

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Weekend Roundup: THE BIG FAT NOR CAL EDITION

This is a big one...too many pictures to include all...and too many great ones so this is a bit of a photo explosion!  We took the crazy plunge and set forth our fist road trip adventure as a family 6!!!  We decided to make the trip to spend Easter weekend with our Northern California family.  We had a blast...the kids did amazing on the trip having only to stop a couple of times each way in order to feed and change the baby.  I cannot complain about anything...it almost seemed too easy so hopefully we will be able to see our great family more often.  I give a lot of credit to my hubby who helped me master and attack this with a well organized plan and it made for an enjoyable trip where even though we had every possible app and movie downloaded we didn't use any....we listened to music (metal and Mumford and Sons) and we talked...and we LAUGHED...Johnny imitates us all really well and he had us all laughing non stop!  That is what I will remember mostly about this trip...is the talking and laughing (and the 1200 miles I drove...my booty is still numb).  So here is this Weekend Round Up...


 We celebrated Easter on a BEAUTIFUL ranch owned by some of James extended family...this place was AMAZING....so beautiful....I actually walked around with my jaw dropped for a good 30 min before I could form a sentence....and you can only imagine that our Farm Animal obsessed Mateo was walking on air!!!!  Amanda was the lady of the house and she was the sweetest and most gracious host along with her fantastic family.  
 We finally brought all the cousins together which was such a blessing...and so wonderful to watch...especially these two babies...Maddox and Cruz are only 3 months apart and buddies for life!
 This might be my favorite shot...I actually saw this happening and ran clear across the fields to capture it....it was during the egg hunt...and I just have no words!
 At Grandpa's house it was Johnny's turn to be in heaven because to say that Grandpa has the music set up is an understatement!!!!  Everything from drums to bass to even a light and fog machine!!!
 I love this...and it was in front of the ADORABLE LIGHT BOMBED barn where the party was set up in!!!
 THESE TWO....too much....buddies for life...bow tie bonded...
 Amazing grounds....

 This was at Cousin Jen's moms house...an adorable dwarf pony ...I cant even begin to describe the look on the kids faces when they saw this cutie!!!!
 James and his Cousin Cort with the littlest babies of the family....
 My dapper men....
 Johnny post dessert table attack!!!
 Bella being her nuturing bear....
 This hunt was on Saturday and was at seriously one of the cutest backyards I have ever seen...in fact...Johnny came up to me and said "mom...this looks like a Nanny Mcphee movie set" hahaha...the chicest english-esque backyard...PERFECT for Easter.

 Cousin Love...
 This is how Grandpa greeted us...on his Harley...it sure made Mateo happy!
 We made a quick stop into the city where we visited Golden Gate park a park I frequented a lot when I was a little girl (I use to live in SF) and when driving around we came across this strange but very cool discovery...BISON!!!!
 Lombard street where only 1 out of our 4 kids were awake! ;)
 My Latino babies...
 Golden Gate...
 Happiness...

 Lots of Sea Lions...
 Beautiful Day on Fisherman's Wharf...

 With Cousin Allie....

 And last but certainly not least this amazing man was the best co captain on the planet (I drove most the way because I get crazy car sickness) he made the drive very enjoyable and I couldn't and really never WOULDN'T do it without him!!!!

xoxo
Me


No comments:

Post a Comment