Mavens With Moustaches

Thursday, July 7, 2011

I have arrived to Nursery Feng Shui...FINALLY

I know....I know...I think I have OCD BECAUSE.....Mateo's nursery has been bothering me from day1....BUT...I finally got there....to Nursery Bliss...I love his lil nursery now....it works so well with the entire look of the room.....and it is finally more us! I love my Jamas that supported my obsession to get it figured out this weekend...and together we did!  So out with the old...in with the new!
This was the before....very nice furniture...but it just wasnt our style....and didnt match the feel of the rest of the house. I love very simple design....no frills...just clean lines.  Also, the paint was fresh when we bought the house...BUT...come on beige for a nursery....things had to change....
so we painted the room and added some chubby cute lil bees flying around....but it still wasnt doing it....
 WAHLA!!!!!!!!!!  The feng shui we needed...and by WE...i mean ME......
 simple crib...soft and bold color combinations....clean lines....books...toys...sleep....CLEAN!
 Jamas nursery print still a major focal point as well as his ship....on this shelf that we bought white and quickly spray painted aqua....
 Look how happy mama bee looks to have her babies flying around her....
 I cannot believe how beautifully Grandma Gigi took care of Jamas' stuff...it looks wonderful...
 One of Johnny's favorite...and Bella's....and hopefully Mateo's too...
 Bella's side of the room...pink and fluffy...just like a Ballerina should have...
Mateo's reading chair....

And like always....a big GINORMOUS THANK YOU to my love for helping make it all come together....I love you baby!!!!!  (side note...at first he thought I was crazy....I gave him the lip quiver and batted my lashes and convinced him....and at the end he said....DRUMROLL PLEASE..."You were right baby...looks much better!"  THANK YOU VERY MUCH....BOO YA!

1 comment:

  1. oh yah, me likey. i mean really how could you go wrong with aqua. did you spray the crib too? everything looks really good and don't feel bad i do the same to my mister. trust me he's had his share and i'm sure there is more to come. love it maria:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete