Mavens With Moustaches

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Golden Boy

It was about almost 14 years ago where I found all BARELY 20 years of myself laying in a recovery room..with a huge gash on my belly...a fat lil cherub in my arms...my eyes filled with tears..and my heart overflowing with love.  It was LOVE...LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT.  I loved this lil boy so much I would give my life for him...and in the moment I kinda did.  It was there in that recovery room chatting with the nurse where I decided I would drop everything and anything that seemed "important" to a 20 year old at the time.  I vowed to dedicate my life to this lil angel...so the very next day I dropped all my anticipatied college courses...kissed the thought of transferring to Long Beach States Film School goodbye..embraced my baby...and I never looked back.

From day one Johnny was really something special..I always did..and still do feel like this kid is extrodinary..I nickname him My golden Boy...and honestly it's because I'm convinced his heart is pure gold.  Johnny has always loved unconditionally..he has always accepted without judgement..he is the first to run over to my pregnant belly to kiss it every morning...he is the type of young man that will go without for others. SURE...he is academically "genius"..and gifted musically beyond belief...but without a doubt...Johnny's greatest gift ..is his heart.

Last night he was awarded a medal and certificate for Academic Excellance in Honors Language Arts and Reading...and although my heart was beaming with pride...what brought me to tears was what his teacher said right before calling him up on stage...she said that this kid was an honor to have in her class...that he brightened her day everyday...and she could always count on him to have something different and intelligent to add to discussions....SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT MY JOHNNY! 
And this to me spoke MORE than any medal or grade could ever account for!  
My Dearest Johnny...I've said it before..and I will say it again...I am HONORED TO BE YOUR MOTHER.


There he is...
 Proud PAPA BEAR AND BROTHER....
 Looking dapper FRO and ALL....

 SO PROUD OF HIMSELF....

 Mateo did well waiting for his Big Brother to go on stage...but soon after needed a playground break..
 with his silly sister...


 Twins...
 A Papas Love is eternal......
 So is a mamas BELLY....
 I love this man...in large part because Johnny and Bella adore him as well....
 He finally arrived...his teacher proudly waiting to let him know how much she will miss him!!!  And we also found out that she and another theacher were fighting over awarding Johnny...hahaha...because each techer can only pick 4 students...and no student can be awarded twice...in the entire school...so this was really cool to know!
 All four of my babies.....
 My loves...my life....


Way to show them all Bubba...we love you!

xoxo
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment