Mavens With Moustaches

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Library Vs. Barnes N Noble

I have this obession with books....especially Children's books.  I actually have a HUGE goal in my life that I am to write and illustrate my very own children's book...someday...even if Im 90...just hopefully before I kick the bucket.  Anywho...this obession I speak of...well...let's just say walking into any building housing books either free or for a price sends tingles all through my body and pitter patters in my heart.  I love the smell of a book..new or old.  I love the vibe in a library...quiet and full of knowledge.  Reading a book (or magazine :)) brings me calm.  And one of the greatest of many great memories that I know I already do and will forever hold in my mind and heart is simply climbing into bed with my kids and reading them their favorite books.  Or on a sick day running to the market to grab their medicines and ALWAYS return with a special book to read as well.  The books in our library are worn...not because they are old but because they are read over and over...I love to see the wrinkled pages or the messy fingerprints all over one  of their favorites.  Reminicing on the days that I read one book so often that the kids would memorize it and be able to recite it word for word...Johnny's was THE GIVING TREE...and Bella's was THE UGLY PUMPKIN.  So needless to say we frequent the library or Barnes N Noble...so I ask which is better?  I have to say it is a tie for me...on one hand you have the old book smell that floods memories of my younger years :) and reading any book I could get my hands on....BUT on the other hand you have that fabulous air conditioned starbuck smelling yumminess when you walk into Barnes N Noble.  Either way...the kids and I enjoyed visiting both this week.  And 2 vanilla steamers, a chai latte, $16 paid in overdue books, 6 checked out books and a new book for each  bambino later....we had some happy campers and 1 semi-annoyed mommy ( $16 DOLLARS OVERDUE FEES).


 We have sat in this lil table reading so many times I'm surprised there isn't a nameplate with our names on it.
 Mommy's delicious Chai Latte....definite plus for Starbucks..
 Bella's choice...
 Mateo hanging out...
 Mommy's choice....
 Johnny's choice....


 Waking up at the library.....
 What?....
 Handsome Johnny reading at the library....

Bella Bear grabbing any book whose spin was labeled HUMUROUS


 Johnny checking out the "teen section" due to the fact that he will be one in 1 month!!!!



Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment