Mavens With Moustaches

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

End of Summer...I hate this title!


It is here... the night I have been dreading all summer long...it was the last night I got to tuck in the big kids and kiss them and know we could snuggle first thing in the morning.  Tommorrow will be Bella's the last time Bella can sneak into bed with us and Johnny can wake Mateo up with his kisses...BECAUSE come Wed. morning that DARN alarm clock will be waking us all up!!!!!!  I will miss our lazy days...our fun adventures...our summer list...our 8pm dinners...our weekday movie nights!  But...on the bright side...while they do homework I will sit beside them to help....while she goes to ballet class I will sit outside and watch...while he practices Chinese I will listen in awe....while they walk toward me as I pick them up from school I will savor the look on their eyes and the smiles on their faces when they see Mateo and I pick them up.  And as much as I love our summer vacation together...I do love snuggling them in our Fallish goodness that October brings....so I pray for a healthy and happy school year for my wonderful 8th grader and enchanting 5th grader. And to the love of my life Jamas I am so grateful for your love that fuels me to be the best mommy and love that I could ever be...and to my sweet Mateo, I look forward to our fun beach runs and doggy walks together, and being home to teach you your ABC's and 1-2-3's....and to Big John..we have done good..we were blessed with some awesome kids that I truely enjoy sharing with you!  Cheers to the necessary evil I call the School Year!

We did pretty good on our Summer List 2011....
We celebrated....

We bowled...
We rolled around on some sandy beaches...
We splashed around in Lil Corona...
We bapatised our bambino....
 We watched Johnny perform...
 We celebrated Johnny becoming a teenager...
 We enjoyed the San Diego Zoo...
 We vacationed in San Diego with Grandma and Grandpa Ward...
 We got Johnny braces...
 We gave Mateo his first BIG bubble bath....
 We relaxed at the ButterflyHouse...
 We enjoyed a baseball game....
 We fell in love with Tim Burton....
 We squished this babies cheeks a lot...
 We enjoyed the Mission Tour led by our Bella Bear...
 We had Grandma and Grandpa Ward visit...and Grandpa Bryan also visited us a couple times..and even came to visit to finish the summer off with lots of fun and quality time!  We saw...
 Bella dance
Mateo crawl
Johnny jam

So here it is...the (almost) completed Summer List...we did pretty good...just a couple things we didnt get to...but we always have the fall.

Goodbye Summer 2011...it was a very wonderful and memorable one.

No comments:

Post a Comment