Mavens With Moustaches

Friday, September 16, 2011

The Style Bandit Weekend....TAKE TWO

So where do I start?  This past weekend was the one I chose to launch The Style Bandit make its appearance at an Art show near you! And, ummmmmm, let's just say there were a couple bumps in the road!  But looking at the glass half full rather than half empty...atleast I could say this weekend can only go better!

It started Saturday EARLY morning when I was of in dreamland but I could hear in the distance thunder and feel the light of lightning?????  What in the world?  September THUNDERSTORMS....TORRENTIAL RAIN?????  I woke up and it looked clear enough to pack up all my brand new spankin new displays I had so feverishly worked on in the past couple weeks...DRIP..DRIP...I continueed to ignore the lil drops here and there..DRIP..DRIP...DROP...still was stubborn and foucused in making my debut.  And just as...I MEAN LITERALLY as we drive away...TORRENTIAL RAIN FALLS UPON MY CUTE LIL SETUP IN THE BACK OF THE TRUCK!!!!! OMG!!!!!  SOAKED!!!!  We quickly turn back and just as a curtosiy I call the manager assuming its cancelled and she replies...and i QUOTE..."You assume wrong...I'm basking in the sun as we speak".  REALLY? I ask...ok. So we wait for the rain to pass load up again...and on our way...we arrive at Sunset Beach...AND...I dont know if in this womans mind by BASKING IN THE SUN....she actually meant FREEZING IN THE RAIN!!!!!  Long story short we had the great pleasure of setting up in the rain...and waiting for the sun to finally make an apperance....better late than never I guess!

 On our merry way...
 The Rain came a pourin'
 I was excited for the rain....
 Shocked..
 My amazing man rushing to get everything back in the garage...

 And while Mateo was watching me inside the nice dry truck...
 And I made crazy faces at him....
 Poor daddy was in the middle of this...
 And ended up looking like this....
 And this....
But luckily we finally got there...and had a nice day...and had this cute lil one came to visit me with her mama...and made my day!

Thanks for you all who came to visit...and I hope to see more of you out there tomorrow.

Peter's Landing Farmer's Market
Right across from the Water Tower on PCH
9:30 am til 2:30 pm

Super cute Farmer's Market with Fresh flowers and produce....I love it!

1 comment:

  1. aahhh maria, we love to visit you and we love all of your cute things:)

    ReplyDelete